Monday, August 8, 2011

Yummy Yummy from California!

I went to visit family for a long weekend in CA. I had to stop and get a Double-Double Protein Style from In-N-Out Burgers. I hadn't eaten there in about 10 years. It was very good!


I was stuck on the 405 for 3 hours but I had a ziploc bag full of bacon that I brought on the plane with me so I was quite content. :)


I had an 8 hour flight that was supposed to be non-stop and I got worried about what to take on the plane. You can't exactly bring ice past security and anything liquid has 3 ounce size limit and must be inside 1 single quart size ziploc bag...... I kind of freaked out because I get sick when I don't eat and was also having a medical problem and awaiting surgery to remove a polyp. I need to avoid Soy because I have PCOS and Soy is estrogen mimicing and can cause polyps and since I already had one polyp I didn't want to eat any more Soy....

I was more focused on what to bring to entertain myself for an 8 hour flight and at the last minute realized, wait.... what was I going to eat? Normally I would have brought low carb bars but all of them I could find had Soy in them or was too many carbs for me. I didn't have time to order quest bars before my trip.

I ended up cooking bacon and putting it in a ziploc bag inside of a small soft sided cooler that fit inside my carry on bag. I then put some ice cubes inside of a freezer bag, double bagged it and put it inside the cooler. Right before security I dumped the ice out and saved the bags. Once settled on the plane and they came around for drinks I asked for a cup of ice and put it in the ziploc bag inside the cooler.

I also got plain almonds and measured them out into snack sized bags. I put two servings per bag so each bag was 4 carbs. But I wasn't that hungry and didn't eat one whole bag at a time, so really I could have just done one serving per bag. I could have also put boiled eggs in the cooler but I didn't have time to boil them.

I'll post more about PCOS and Soy later.

One of the fun parts about losing weight and having to pack your clothes is this..... I fit the following items into my carry on bag..... 3 dresses, 3 cardigans, 3 tops, 2 cami tops, 2 denim skirts, 1 pair of denim capris, Red Sox shirt, athletic shorts, bathing suit and coverup, night shirt, socks, undies, bra and two pairs of sandals. Plus I shoved my hair dryer in there too. I never coulda done this before losing weight! :)

Staying on plan was very easy and lots of yummy food to choose from too!

This was my dinner one night:
 
Yummy Veggie and Cheese Omelet with Bacon cooked by my Step-Mom. :)

My Dad BBQ-ed an AWESOME Tri-Tip and he burned some hot dogs for me to snack on and take back on the plane with me on my way home. My Step-Brother also cooked a very good Tri-Tip for dinner the next day and my Sister-Inlaw made a really good salad with bacon, eggs, bell pepper and cheese.

By the way..... you see those shoulders on my Dad??? Well..... he's still strong and he's still protective of his little girl, just sayin....... LOL


 Here's the Tri-Tip on my plate.Yummy!


 Here's my Dad, Step-Mom and I.


I don't care how old I get, he's always my Daddy, I love him and I don't care if the whole world knows it! <3

~CJ
Sent from my Droid 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment