Friday, October 15, 2010

Air Plane Seatbelt

Hello from Kansas!
I had two flights yesterday, so I scheduled my connecting flight in the town where my Mom lives so I got to see her for about 4 hours yesterday. On my first flight I got on the airplane, pulled the seat belt out as far as it went, buckled it and this is what I saw.
I was totally shocked. I have never had extra room in an airplane seat belt before. I use to have to ask for a seat belt extension and when I flew at Christmas time the seat belt fit me snuggly with no extra room. The seat belt on the second plane was a bit smaller, but I still had extra room. After so long of being huge, it feels good to be getting close to "average size". The people that I am seeing in KS have not seen me for 2, 3, 5 and 7 years. I have not seen all of them yet, but the ones I have seen just kept saying how great I looked and that was on 3 hours of sleep within the past 48 hours and being on planes all day and everything. I did nap for 20 minutes on the first flight and I was debating napping on the 2nd flight but, I ended up talking to the person next to me and they were fun to talk to. So then I was awake and not tired at all cause I was enjoying talking. Talked the whole flight and was surprised how quickly the time went by. lol

Here is a pic of my Mommy and I:

I <3 my Mommy!

3 comments:

  1. that is SO INSPIRING TO SEE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog tonight and love it! This blog about the plane seatbelt struck me because I remarked on my FB page that I was given a boost when I flew in a plane and didn't have difficulty buckling the seatbelt. It was a turning point for me and now I look forward to my next flight!

    ReplyDelete