Friday, October 29, 2010

*Warning..... CJ Rant Mode On!

First of all I am disappointed in a few people who were doing very well, fighting the cravings, losing weight, feeling better, having more energy, being happy with themselves again for the first time in a long time and then they quit..... they ran away and ate stuff they shouldn't and drank stuff they shouldn't and then never came back. It's one thing to have an "off" meal, even an "off" day or an "off" week if you are traveling, special event, feel you just need a short break to reset your system and then go back to low carb the next day. But it is another thing to just give up and quit altogether.

These two ladies that I am thinking of, I am very disappointed in, I had gotten to know them, took extra time helping them and they were so excited and motivated and then they let life get in their way and wondered off. They know they need to do this for their health, being in the upper 300's and lower 400's is NOT healthy for them..... Both of them were in a weight loss support group for ladies who need to lose 100+ lbs and both of them are missed in the group. I don't know if someone said something that offended them and made them leave or if they just got ashamed of not being on low carb and not losing more weight or if they gained back the weight that they had already lost. But I do know that both of them read my blog and I want them to know that I'm still here to help them and I know how badly they both want to help themselves. I know what it's like being that big and how awful I felt. I'm here ladies..... both of you have my email address if you don't feel like posting on the group anymore.


I'm still stuck bouncing around between in the same 5 lbs range. I have gone down a pants size while being stuck the past couple months but still right at the same weight. Yeah sure my body needs time to adjust, blah blah blah, whatever, I wanna see the scale move down already! RIGHT NOW!!!!! LOL

You guys aren't the only ones who get frustrated with the scale hovering in one spot for awhile. Now just imagine if you were exercising a lot and being real strict on the carbs and the scale still wasn't moving. It happens to everyone, even me who has lost 247 lbs...... I still get frustrated, irritated and impatient too. But low carb is my way of life and I won't change from that because I feel awful when I eat very many carbs. So if I'm still here and I'm not giving up then none of you are allowed to either!!!!!

Another thing that irritates me is when I hear people saying that low carb is too expensive to do. Excuse me????? Since when????? You DO NOT have to buy a bunch of low carb products in order to do low carb. You DO NOT need low carb bread, low carb tortillas or even low carb candy. Since when were eggs, cheese, tuna, mayo, lettuce, hamburger meat, cheap crock pot roasts, green beans and chicken expensive??? Add in some bacon, sausage, bagged salad mix, ranch dressing, a little bell pepper and onion once in awhile, ketchup, mustard, occasional baby carrots or steamed carrots, broccoli, pork roast, lunch meat and a lower sugar bbq sauce (that was Kraft Light and not any more expensive then normal bbq sauce) and that was pretty much what I lived on for over a year doing induction level (under 20) carbs per day. So unless you are so broke that you are seriously living on ramen noodles for 3 meals a day, then you can afford to buy a can of tuna and mix it in with some mayo and lettuce. Also don't forget chorizo and eggs, it is cheap, good and tasty and I ate it a lot, but I could also eat it twice a day and not get tired of it. Low carb does NOT have to be expensive!

The other excuse I hear is that people have to cook two separate meals because family members eat differently then they do. So what??? I usually cook for someone else too and they certainly don't eat low carb. I just cook the same meat and then I have a veggie or side salad, usually give them a salad or veggie too and then I will make them mac n cheese, baked beans or sometimes some stove top or a bowl of canned peaches, pears or fruit cocktail. Sometimes I even fry them up chicken strips and french fries in the deep fryer while I eat tuna and lettuce, or a hamburger patty with ketchup. They have full sugar ice cream and plenty of carb loaded snacks that they can eat on their own. I just provide a basic dinner for them and if they want more carbs then they are on their own. But over time I started cutting out the carby sides and just giving them the meat and veggies and they don't ask for the carby sides very often, except the french fries. They have lost about 15 lbs since I started doing that too, but dinner is pretty much their only lower carb meal of the day. Their other meals are still carb loaded. They are also a very picky eater too and won't eat leftovers very often.

Anyway, my feet might not be a size 10 anymore but I still have 8.5 feet and I can kick higher and harder now, so don't make me come put a boot in your butt to keep you going!  *CJ rant mode off.

-CJ
Sent from my Droid2, please excuse any typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment