Tuesday, September 28, 2010

18th Annual Massachusetts Race for the Cure 5k run/walk

I had so much fun on Saturday!
I didn't sleep much, just 3 very short naps. So I was tired when I got home and took a nap! None of the ladies on my team had done this before and they were all glad that I asked them to go with me. All of us want to go back next year, so I am excited for that. It is such a good cause. :)

This little dog looked so proud of her sweater.
 I don't know these ladies but I liked their hats.
 Another doggie there. I didn't think we were suppose to bring dogs but a few people did.
 The New Balance shoe.
 Waiting forever to start walking. The runners went first and it was a huge herd of people waiting to start walking.
 The runners were already doubling back on the path and at the 1 mile mark when we were starting to walk.
 Some volunteer cheerleaders.
 Water.
 A survivor and her daughter. :)
 Part of the Boston sky line.
 By the water.
 Some wonderful ladies. :)
 I never seen this many port-a-potties in my life...... LOL
 At home and ready for a nap.
 With the walking before and after the 5k and the 5k it's self and some errands on the way home I ended up walking 8.71k before I sat down and took my pedometer off.
 I had so much fun that I already signed up to do another 5k walk in November, this time it is for Lung Cancer. My Dad had a football sized tumor removed from his lung, along with 3/4 of his lung in 1995, so this one is for him. I am very lucky to still have him with me today. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment