Monday, September 20, 2010

Pizza for Breakfast

I woke up wanting pizza, so I made one. Low Carb Pizza of course!

This is a Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza, extra heavy on the toppings because it is a larger tortilla. I usually use a tortilla that is a bit smaller and has 4 carbs per tortilla, but this one has 10 carbs per tortilla and I just have one more left after this one to use up. There was a lot of meat on this pizza and it was a bit messy, but I wanted to make that 10 carb tortilla stretch out for more then one meal so I loaded up on the meat and there is no way I could eat that whole pizza at once! No way at all...... lol

I don't like having an item with 10 carbs in it very often.... It is do-able but I just prefer the lower carb ones. I used 4 pieces of bacon, 1 tsp of bell pepper, 1.5 cups of ground beef, the low carb tortilla, 1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, 1 tbsp of pizza sauce and 3 pieces of deli style sandwich cheese. I just put the tortilla in for a few minutes first, then added the sauce and layered the meat and cheese, put the bell peppers on top and put it back in the oven. I had the bacon cooked and crumbled and added it after baking. But you can add it before and just put some cheese over it so it doesn't get too crispy. You are basically just baking this to melt the cheese and crisp the tortilla a bit. I add my meat toppings already warmed unless it is pepperoni.


There is 1,299 calories, 75.6 grams of fat, 14 carbs and 88.8 grams of protein in the entire pizza for the specific ingredients and brands of products that I used. It can vary a lot between brands, so always check your labels if you are looking for something new. I have found that some of the organic sauces end up with less carbs then others, but that is not always true. Just spend a little time checking all the pizza sauces in the store and use the one with the lowest carb count. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment