Friday, November 12, 2010

What's Cookin in CJ's Kitchen - 12 of 90

Pancakes!!!!
Well.... they kinda taste like pancakes anyway. I used an egg and about 1 tbsp of cream cheese and a drop of vanilla. It was good, but I might play around with it a bit, maybe add some cinnamon or a tiny bit of pumpkin and then use cream cheese like a frosting and roll it up like a jelly roll for the holidays or something.
 I like this syrup and it's 1 carb per serving.
 I didn't use a full serving of the syrup though. That pancake is on a salad plate and had butter on it too. I had some bacon too. :)
The high carb eater wasn't here so I didn't have to feed them.

2 comments:

  1. I actually made that pancake myself a couple weeks ago, had some ricotta and whipped up with some eggs, added some cinnamon and splenda and that was it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made pancakes with crushed pork rinds.. they are actually VERY good and sort of like French Toast. Thought I would share the ingredients:

    1/2 of a 3-oz. bag of unflavored pork rinds
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    3 pkts Splenda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon egg nog extract [optional] (or use vanilla)

    just mix it all up, let it sit and get thick and cook large serving spoon fulls in wait for it.... butter! Yum.

    Loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete