Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's Cookin in CJ's Kitchen - 24 of 90

Bacon Burger with Broccoli (Again)
I tried to make it look different, but it's just one of my most favorite meals, so you're probably gonna see it a few more times... LOL
I put lettuce down and the burger with the bacon, a few grilled onions and cheese and then set the broccoli around the outside edge. Again this is a salad plate. I usually eat my meals on a salad plate or a bowl that holds 2 cups when packed totally full and it's usually about 1.5 cups worth is all I want to eat at once. Sometimes just 1 cup worth fills me up. I can't eat a lot at once anymore because I shrunk my stomach capacity over time and then started paying more attention to portion sizes so I wouldn't overeat.

As I lost weight I was less and less hungry because my body didn't have as much to maintain. But there was a time when I could take on a double quarter pounder, super size fries, 32 ounce sugary soft drink and a 21 ounce shake with a 20 piece chicken nuggets and then be hungry again a couple hours later..... I could also eat 6 out of 8 pieces of a large pizza before I was full and didn't want anymore or eat a huge plate of pasta and bread with some salad and then go back for seconds and then a few hours later eat some leftover pasta too...... When you have PCOS it makes you crave so many carbs and you just want more and more like an alcoholic with alcohol. I feel soooo much better now.

I'm so glad that I don't torture my body with all those carbs anymore. I'll still eat a double quarter but I don't eat the bun and I don't order them often if I go to McD's I usually get two double cheese and give the plain bun to my dogs. I tend to get Wendy's more because I'd rather have a bunless Baconator :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see what you said about craving carbs when you have PCOS. I have always craved carbs and figured my body NEEDED them, when in fact, it definitely was not what my body needed. Now that I have lost some weight, I am not craving carbs quite as much and it is easier to stay away from them with each day that passes. I have my moments though where it really tempts me, but, I just drink water and have a spoonful of peanut butter and that will quench my craving, usually.

    ReplyDelete