Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's Cookin in CJ's Kitchen - 7 of 90

BBQ Pork

I had two large boneless pork ribs left from the other night so I decided to make BBQ Pork with them. I cut them into 3 large pieces each and put them in a pot on the stove with water and let them slow cook for about 5 hours. Then I separated the meat from the remaining fat and added BBQ sauce and some more pepper.

I usually don't eat fruit, it is one of those once in awhile occasional things. I like fruit but when I have very many carbs I get sick so I usually just avoid fruit.
 This plate is a salad plate and note the portion size of the pears. It is less then 1/2 cup and I still didn't go over 20 carbs for the day. I don't want anyone saying, "Well CJ said it was ok......." NO, NO, NO!!!! I'm not on induction, I am simply very low carb, but I occasionally have something a slight bit higher in carbs then I normally would. Most of my meals are induction friendly, but not all of them. 
 These were in Lite syrup, which I drained all of the syrup and then rinsed them in water a few times and let them soak in fresh water, then rinsed again before serving.
 The higher carb version had two BBQ Pork sandwiches and more then 1 cup of the pears. (a couple of the pear pieces were stolen from the higher carb plate before I took this pic, someone was hungry and waiting to take their plate away. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment