Sunday, November 21, 2010

What's Cookin in CJ's Kitchen - 21 of 90

Steak Fajitas

I sliced up some flank steak.
 Sauteed some onions and bell peppers.
 I brown the meat, then put the seasoning in and add water to let it simmer to absorb the seasoning.
 I made a "Cheese Crisp" but made it like a tortilla instead of a cracker. This is just shredded cheese that's melted.
 I had the temp a bit too high because it wasn't melting that well to begin with.
 This is a sampler plate I made just to show the options, one fajita made into a soft taco with a low carb tortilla and one in the cheese crisp tortilla and then just some meat on lettuce for a fajita salad. All 3 ways are yummy and depending on how many carbs you want to have you could eat it differently and still have the same fajita taste.
 The high carb version is just in normal flour tortillas.
 Here they are rolled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment