Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What's Cookin in CJ's Kitchen - 2 of 90

BBQ Pork Ribs

I usually don't cook these very often because I would prefer a big hamburger patty with cheese and bacon on it to anything else really...... I could eat a bunless bacon burger almost every night and not get tired of them. But these were on sale so I decided to cook them.

 Just a note, I don't cook with salt, I don't like salty food and I occasionally use seasoning salt but not very much of it. I do use a lot of black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and a general sodium free seasoning.
Here they are all seasoned up.
 I used some soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce on them, I didn't use any BBQ sauce until they were done.



 I covered them with foil and put them in the oven. All of my baking pans are Pampered Chef Stoneware pans. I was a Pampered Chef Kitchen Consultant for 8 years and 99% of my kitchen is Pampered Chef. Anyway, these pans let you cook stuff for longer without ir burning so a lot of times I end up increasing the cooking time on things. The package said 350 degrees for 45 minutes or more. I did 400 degrees for an hour and I would have preferred to cook them longer so they got more tender. But I like meat to the point of almost falling apart. They would be good in the crock pot as too.
 I used Kraft Light BBQ sauce, one serving size is 2 tbsp, but I just used 1 tbsp.
 There is 5 carbs per serving but it was only 2.5 carbs for half a serving.
 Just for size reference, 99.9% of the time I use a salad plate for my meals, it is 7.5 inches wide rim to rim and 6 inches inside.
 My meal, the low carb version. BBQ Pork Ribs with Broccoli and Cheese.
That is one rib cut in half and 1/2 cup of the Broccoli and Cheese. My portion sizes are a lot smaller now then when I first went low carb. But I was also 525 lbs when I first started and use to eating a lot of food. Over time I just was less and less hungry and my tummy shrunk. Now I get full easier so I don't eat as much. I have had a problem with my calories getting too low and my carbs getting too low as well and then I was getting dizzy at the gym. So I have to make myself snack more on a boiled egg or piece of string cheese before the gym.

 And here is the higher carb version, with about 20 carbs in the bbq sauce and about 3/4 cup of corn so that would be 7.5 carbs in the corn.
 I also made them a side salad with croutons and a higher carb dressing.
I didn't have a salad with my dinner because I didn't have room for one. But it would be a good option if I got hungry later since my eating schedule is off and dinner is often my 2nd meal of the day as I am usually awake later then most people.

2 comments:

  1. Hi CJ,
    How does one receive your blog posts w/o coming here? I subscribe to several blogs in my RSS feed but don't see how to subscribe in this format. Sorry, but, I am almost old enough to be your mother so my tech skills are limited. I found this blog from lurking on the lowcarb board. I have been there a week and still am wary,nervous about posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli,
    You can either look on the right in the side bar and scroll down until you see "Followers" and click to follow my blog or you can click on the word "Follow" at the top left hand side on the blogger tool bar. It will show up in google reader or your blogger dashboard when I have a new post, but you will have to click the link and come read it on my blog. It won't publish the full post on another site. Also don't be afraid of posting on the Low Carb forum, 99% of the people on there are very nice and try to be helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete